Personal information means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable
What personal information we collect
We collect and hold personal information that is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, our functions or activities. The kinds of personal information we collect and hold about you will depend on the circumstances of collection and may include:
- your name;
- your contact details (such as email addresses and phone numbers);
- credit card/bank details;
- information about how you respond to our emails and usage trends when you visit our website; and
- any other information you choose to provide to us.
If you choose not to provide your personal information to us, we may not be able to perform our functions or provide services to you, such as (for example) taking and/ or managing your bookings with us; processing donations, responding to queries, or notifying you of upcoming events.
How we collect your personal information
- We collect personal information that has been provided to us in a number of ways, including:
- when you complete a form on our website which asks for your personal details;
- when you contact us by phone or email;
- when you make a donation;
- when you respond to our emails; and,
- when you use our website generally (usage trends)
How we use and when we disclose your personal information
We use and disclose your personal information for a number of purposes, including:
- to perform our functions and activities;
- sending communications to our stakeholders and supporters;
- processing donations;
- sending our stakeholders and supporters news relating to activities or events the Elderslee Foundation has been involved in;
- providing you with information you have inquired about or that we believe would be relevant to you;
- sending you information about news and events relating to other organisations;
- analysing website user trends to improve our campaigns and communications.
We may also use your information for other purposes required or authorised by or under law (including purposes for which you have provided your consent).
We may disclose your personal information to third parties to enable us to perform any of the above services. These may include, for example:
- financial institutions in order to verify payments;
- government departments and agencies;
- people or organisations providing services to us; and
- any other person as required to enable us to perform our functions and activities.
Personal information held by the Elderslee Foundation may be stored in hard copy, electronic format, or stored securely with a third party storage service provider.
We will always use and implement industry standards for the security and protection of information collected, and this information is securely stored and access is restricted to authorised personnel only, ensuring that your personal information is protected and safeguarded.
- The Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act)
- The Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) regulates the handling of personal information about individuals.
- Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 No 133
Sending personal information overseas
here https://www.surveymonkey.com/mp/legal/terms-of-use/ and
Accessing and updating your personal information
The Elderslee Foundation seeks to ensure that the personal information it holds is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You may access or update the personal information we hold about you by contacting:
Position: Website Manager
Phone: 0409 048 169
Address: 2/160-162 Pacific Hwy, Tuggerah NSW 2259
Enquiries and privacy complaints
If you have a question or complaint in relation to a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, or the handling of your personal information by the Elderslee Foundation, please contact us through the details set out above.
We will acknowledge that a complaint has been received, and handle any complaints in accordance with our internal procedures.